The heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems of a home are comprised of multiple parts working together to provide thermal comfort and suitable indoor air quality. As with most mechanical components, the HVAC systems need routine maintenance to ensure proper working order and prolong the life of the component. Imagine how long a new car would last if the oil was never changed, a lot shorter than one that was properly maintained.
We are pleased to offer a twice yearly, heating season and cooling season, maintenance agreement on HVAC systems within the properties we manage. Below is some information on this service:
- Who performs the service?
- We only use third party HVAC maintenance providers that are fully licensed and insured. As with all of our vendors, we ONLY use providers that carry general liability AND worker's compensation insurance. Even though some providers are not required to carry worker's compensation insurance, that does not relieve the owner of the property from liability should a worker become injured on the job. It is not worth the risk!
- When is the service performed?
- We contract to have this service performed as soon as the weather permits, prior to the applicable season. Heating season service typically starts in late October, with cooling season service starting in late April.
- What is included in the service?
- Our agreement with the HVAC maintenance provider includes the following:
- Check and lubricate motors and bearings
- Check defrost controls
- Inspect indoor blower wheel
- Check and tighten electrical connections
- Check voltage and amp draw of motors
- Inspect safety controls for proper protection
- Check and clean burner section (gas furnace) and heat exchanger
- Replace 1" air filters
- What happens if the technician discovers a problem not covered under the service?
- In most cases the technician will repair the problem while on site, saving the cost of an extra maintenance visit. In the event that the repair is excessive, or requires a part to be ordered, the technician will complete the preventative maintenance service and contact us for further direction. Both the part and additional labor are discounted from the normal price.
- Is there a warranty for the serviced units?
- Yes! If a serviced unit is in need of repair for a component that was serviced within 4 weeks, only 50% of the service call will be billed. Parts will be charged in the same manner as they would have been during the preventative maintenance service.
- What is the cost of the service?
- Costs are determined each season and typically are well below the local average pricing due to our volume discounts with preferred vendors.
Below are some useful links to read more about recommendations on preventative service from the US Government:
Maintaining Your Air Conditioner
Maintaining Your Heat Pump